Sunday, January 20, 2008

Is it worth it?

Its something i've been asking myself recently. Is things starting to be an obligation than want? Some how as i start of with such a cluttered weekend, i start to realise i no longer look forward to weekends. IDT was about busyness, boredom and barrenness. Sharing the same story that my p shared on box of pebbles, stones, sand and water. So, what are my stones in life? Striking a balance is important. so, where is my point of balance? I'm just trying to once again rethink my focus this start of the year. No doubt i prepared myself for a busy year in school, schooling and church but its also in your busyness that the devil finds way to creep to take control of your life.

Whatever i do, Centre down on God. The rest are sand..

(copied down from IDT notes which i thought it was interesting)

In the midst of our busyness, the world prescription is to slow down while God's prescription is to Center Down.

Centering Down VS Slowing Down

Slowing down deals with our running, Centering Down deals with our Lostness

Slowing down questions our capacity, Centering Down questions our confusion.

Slowing down deals offers us a consolation, Centreing Down offers us a compass.

Slowing down helps us catch a breath, Centering Down helps us catch a vision.

Slowing down blames the external environment, Centering Down examines inner roots.

Slowing down is a vicious cycle, Centering Down is a vital solution!

Slowing down seeks to add Jesus to our crowded schedule,

Centering Down anchors Jesus as Lord of all our schedule!!

=) that was one thing i was inspired by. Was also super inspired by the video showed on Hobart Shakespeare. Though i felt the video was one that probably inspire teacher most. =) It just reminded me about how much effort he really put in on his students and the last few lines he said was along the line of there are days where you feel that what you're doing is not worth it.. but at the end of it, you'll realise its worth it. =)

THANK GOD! i received my perfect encouraging e-mail from my dearest girl faraway frm me =)

No comments: