Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Goodbye 2007, Hello 2008

Procrastinated and didnt manage to write my reflections b4 the year end. Its not too late to write it on the first day of 08 anyway! =D

07 for me in a few words : Changes and challenges... yes its a year of those. I am thankful for this year of changes too. It is through changes that GOD made me grow closer to Him. Last sermon of the year was on gratitude. I am thankful for 07. Church & church friends who made me grew closer to Him in 07, Family who emerged out of 07 blessed, friends who made my 07 an easier walk with all the encouragements, colleagues who encourage me in Him, assurance of my calling.... and alot of other things... =)

Looking ahead.. 08 for me in a few words : more changes and challenges and busy year. Work is a whole new challenge for me this year, getting involve in MinistrieS, Going ahead for IDT, School to be starting (if nothing happens), church is moving later this year. Its a journey of faith that GOD goes before me =)

New year eve

Went back to Zhenghua to pack my table for the year. A whole stack of things in my in-tray... Books and bags of resources piled on my once empty table. Challenge is an understatement. Being a new form teacher is difficult, being an un-trained new form teacher is crazy. Stacks and piles flooded my table while i attempt to pack! Yes. i'm teaching 2D next year. After being chased out of zhps (Due to half day), went causeway to shop with my mum. After that went to meet soonleng at bpp before we head to bb to meet km. It was a reflective fellowship session i had with them. Something that weigh upon my heart when i think about our usual fellowship sessions. haha.. i'm usually full of crap.. so i kind of had to assure them that today we're going to talk about something serious and not my usual "brainless" crap. =P i was glad we had a mini sharing session. CG has made me realised that to make sure we form deep relationships, we had to be open and share. This was definitely something i wanted to do with esp the fartty fam =) so i guess this is the start! Anyway, like "cinderella", we tried to head home b4 12!! so i literally had to run home only to reach home at 11.50am to celebrate new year with my parents!

01.01.2008!!!!

CHEERS! Its 2008! Woke up at 5.30am! (THANK GOD) I really mean THANK GOD early in the morning. I was trying to wake up for dawn prayers at church BUT after i on 2 alarms i still didnt! THANK GOD because my phone was on SILENT mode and Kester still managed to morning call me up!!! isnt that something to just awe at God's work!! =D haha.. anyway, dearest JANIE didnt wake up and in the end only Kester and I went for dawn prayers! (haha unless you count Jan's reaching after it) =pP Dawn prayer was a refreshing way to start my 2008 =D

GOD bless the year ahead. Even as i'm really feeling jitters about first day of school tomorrow. Its a very jittery feeling i'm having about tomorrow. Its the day where i've to set things right. I just pray there will be guidiance from my colleagues so i wouldnt feel like i'm lost not knowing what to do.

No comments: