Thursday, December 20, 2007

Outreach Retreat

Thank God i'm just back from retreat. (emphasise on JUST) because its really kind of like step into the house and on to pen down some reflections to share before i lose my thoughts.

This really short retreat was just a time of fellowship and reflection which i really felt it was great. Basically we just had time of fellowship of icebreakers and supper on the first night before we rest early. No doubt it was a little out of my norm to really sleep early as i usually do not but it did reminded me of how by resting i'm trusting GOD with my time and resting my body. =)

More reflection only came during the dawn prayer and especially personal quiet time. Dawn prayer was followed by breakfast by Willie at greenridge. =) Really had a great personal quiet time of 1 half hour. It made me wonder if i was at home why i just cant afford that same time.

How will you Finish? This was the article for QT.

In Christian life, it's not how you start but it's how you finish.

What will keep you from being one who leaves the race?

Many strong odd are against you, The devil is against you and so are the flesh and the cares of this world. You could become your own enemy.

Those who finish strong are needed more than ever as church multiplies. Respond to God's call "HERE AM I, Send Me".

I'm pretty encouraged by the article. To surrender and say "HERE AM I, SEND ME" and to finish well. . Even as i step into this new ministry, i just pray that i would grow and experience God more. The time of reflection of 2007 and setting 2008 goal was really the best time as i did an evaluation and planning. It was something that was lacking in my previous years that i felt this was really something that i want to carry on doing. Would probably share some of my thoughts later as this year come to an end. I just want to urge everyone of my friends christian or non-christian to sit down and really spend some quiet time reflecting about life. It is something that i wished that i would had done earlier. So i'm just gg to leave these reflection questions that i reflected on.

1) What areas of your life (work/studies/NS/ministry/family/personal goals/interpersonal relationships) do you think you have "finished well" for the year/season? why and why not?

2) What would i have done the same or differently?

3) What is God's call for me in year 2008?

4) What can I do to help myself finish well for year 2008? (i.e. accountability partner)

Come on people.. reflect reflect as the year come to an end. =D I thank God because i've decided to anchor my year 2008 on the book of Hebrews. Lastly, just share this four pointers.

1) Committed to finishing strong

2) Inspired with big picture view of life

3) Run free of the weight of past

4) Constantly trained to go the distance

5) Run in company of happy 'few'

the rest of my reflections shall come later. =)

No comments: