Wednesday, June 27, 2007

"Discerning God's Calling"

I learnt the most from sunbeam. Funny how Youth service didnt speak much but children's service touched my heart huh..
"Our Father in Heaven, hallowed be your name, Your kingdom come, Your will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven" Matt 6:9-10

This was the memory verse of the month for sunbeam. No doubt the session wrapped up with the sunbeam teachers sharing their moments in which they let God will be done instead of their own will. I did think if they asked me to share what story could i share. i cant seem to think of when i really let God will be done and not mine.. (in my heart i was thinking unless u let me cross this hurdle that i am currently facing i will emerged and tell u how God spoke to me about His will) It seemed funny to be sharing their work experiences to these pri sch kids who dont really seem to be able to relate.. but i related to one shared experience by the teacher. he was trying to make a decision to cross over to a job that was better/ well-paid and bigger organisation as compared to staying in the job he was in which faced retrenchment. No doubt the sensible thing was to take the better job. He did not make his own decision but seeked God. No doubt God spoke to Him to stay on. It was a big leap of faith to stay on.. but he did.. and he prospered in that job! I guess i related to his story of seeking and letting God's will be done. Teaching the kids that day during CG was really good anyway.. =) "what have u all learnt?
"......... "Let GOD's WILL BE DONE AND NOT MINE" =) amen!


Admist my struggles and being sick, i seem to more or less had calmed my heart and thoughts and sort them out. Of course there are many things that had happened before i managed to do that. Yeah. Yi Xin sent me a LOONG unlike her e-mail,gave me a book and prayed for me. I thought about what she said.. maybe its true.. God thinks that i'm not listening hard enough.. Anyway she got me "How to listen to GOD" .. Managed to relate and re-ensure what i think GOD is speaking to me now. Just some pt to share... God speaks to us nowadays through

WORD OF GOD.. something i know i had not been doing daily and this is supposed to be the primary way He speaks to us.. no wonder i am not hearing Him..

The Holy Spirit I prayed hard and listened that night.. somehow deep down whenever i set my heart for NIE i felt this sense of calm but once my decision started to waiver i felt that lost confusion again.. No doubt i am starting to hear His voice more clearly.. Yeah.. usually we cant hear clearly because something is hindering us from doing so...

Other People God speak through ppl. I can name a few people God used to speak.. Yixin who most clearly brought me a message from Him and i guess even u knew and felt you were doing so. Kel.. who said use this year to really test if i'm cut out for teaching.. hmm this seem to be one of my biggest food for thought... sunbeam.. for letting God's will be done and not mine. Many many others too..

Circumstances.. He used circumstances to point me to my decision. Just remembered a prayer i prayed long ago... I told Him that i did not want to make a decision.. I told him i rather than leaving me with this burden.. Just choose the road for me. A prayer i prayed long ago.. it was now that He answered. Although its an unexpected road .. It gave me a sense of peace that this decision i am bout to make its one that He Chose for Me .. and He will allow me to prosper.. Many other circumstances that made me felt this was what He want me to do.. for one.. i could had easily landed up with an intake with SIM.. but circumstances led me to NIE.

After sorting out my thoughts these days.. i feel that sense of peace. Its God's will and not My Will. It is a leap of faith to take this road. Whenever i question myself.. GOD is this what u really want me to do? i feel at ease.. i feel Him calming me saying He would be there to guide me through and excel. Like what Yixin said earlier.. if i choose this route.. i have to work hard to get out of the "shit" i landed myself in. I trust and can feel that He is leading me this way because He wants to guide me all the way.. With this confidence knowing He spoke and i listened and made my decision... this ends my waiting game, this ends the few months of turmoil in my mind/heart.. this put great sense of peace.. most importantly.. i grew spiritually and learnt to hear and seek His voice in all decisions in my life.. =)


yeah.. Thanks to ALOT of ppl for ur encouragements.. =)

No comments: