Sunday, February 03, 2008

...thoughts...

Visited my grandfather... seemed more pale and weak as compared to the day before. Somehow old age is part of life that everyone cant deny or stop. No doubt at the age of 94, it should be considered a life "well-lived" up to such a ripe old age, but as my parents were contemplating about how people living in their old age had such a meaningless life which have an ultimate destination - death. I beg to differ. Quoting "Just as it is appointed for Man to die once, and after that comes judgement" Heb 9:27.. No doubt all Man has to die ultimately but one thing a christian has that is different from non-christians is the victory we already have in Christ Jesus. We already have victory against sin because of Him who died on the cross for us, and when we face death, we are looking forward to eternal life and not just pure nothingness. As i can understand and relate to why my parent's thought of old age is such a bleak picture, i pray that one day they would realise that they actually could be victorious against death and old age.

I know everyone is hoping that nothing would happen during this cny. Just as i see the energy and strength fading in him, i come to realise there is indeed nothing much i could do. (share the evange cube in hokkien?) =p its near impossible. i only can keep him in prayers, praying that he would be discharged for reunion dinner...

Went out with my mum,dad and grandmother to Chinatown. =) Very exciting and happy relaxing time spent just walking around.

=) my dearest Really really Hip grandmother who even when i flip my phone and try to self-take both of us.. she would still entertain me =p haha.. *taken at CHINATOWN*

No comments: