Friday, August 29, 2008

Teaching

...Teachers...

Teachers' Day is coming.
I lingered at popular to get a card for my teacher.
Yes. that makes a teacher getting a card for a teacher. =P

I'm so thankful for GOD's blessings of ppl He places in my life.
The people He uses to encourage me... =)
This is the person who spur me on and encourage me on and inspire me on today..
Ever since 8 years ago.. never failing LOVE, that's the impact of a teacher.
The teacher i desire to be too....

A teacher's love and care and influence never stops the day you graduate.
Nearly 8 years later, standing in BPPS once again.
Made a trip down to BPPS today to visit my primary school teacher.
Spent my whole afternoon revisiting the place, chatting and just reflecting.
Indeed once again i renewed that calling to teach.
A chat of reminder that teaching is not just passing academic knowledge and paper achievements. You're not just teaching a person, you're moulding someone's value and character. Once again the one and only struggle i had about joining teaching was dismissed with encouragement from my her. Realised how my heart was with BP too upon missing the place...

Teacher's are role models.
Just as i reflect how much she impacted my life, i realised that's how much an impact i could make on my student too. Teaching is never a short term thing where you see instant results or impact (unless u just look at paper results), teaching affects eternity and is a long term investment. I'm glad to say i'm a result of teacher's investment and i desire to be a teacher that invests in lifes too.


No comments: